Is a diversified, organic and biodynamic farm on 73 acres in the South Willamette Valley, just outside of Cottage Grove, OR. Here at the farm, we are committed to our vision of embracing the root meaning of agriculture: a haven of cultural activity, social and artistic life as well as food production; all in a day and age when food security, economic shifts and building mutually supportive relationships within our communities is essential.
Branch Road Farm is also the home of The Branch Road Farm School, a diverse, domestic non-profit, 501(c)3.
The non-profit side of the farm, has a Mission to contribute to the revitalization of our communities and our farm and forest lands through food, farming, education and the arts.
Our goals are:
- To foster a social and cultural renewal through the integration of exploration, dirt and fun (i.e., education, agriculture and the arts)
- To get youth and adults involved with food from the ground up, as the most powerful way to help them connect with the environment, their health and their communities.
- To impart skills and education that prepare participants to pursue the autonomy and education they desire while working as a collective in the fields of life, natural or animal sciences, agriculture, cooking and the environmental/sustainability fields.
- To teach our youth both where their food comes from and how they can grow and prepare it at home, empowering them to become more self-reliant in providing food and income for themselves and their families.
- To create a diverse learning community where the values of respect for people, animals, plants, and the environment are developed and strengthened.
- To allow young people to find and develop their strengths.
- To engage participants in exploring animal and plant science.
- To help young people and their families to become responsible stewards of the world in which they live.
- To understand that Food is the Revolution. Food is Politics. Food is Spirit. We must ask ourselves, who can eat, and who can not? Who can eat well and who can not? This is the work at hand. Access, skill, autonomy, health and the ability to thrive.
Explore our site to learn more about the farm, our offerings and our community.