Mangalitsa Pork Herd Share
We are taking reservations now for whole, 1/2 or 1/4 shares of our Mangalitsa Pork ~ Available Now!
Mangalitsa’s are a rare, heritage breed, native to Hungary, with thick wooly coats and longer to market growth as they slowly develop their rich, red meat.
They are considered the world’s best tasting pork, with their creamy, intensely nutritious fat and generously marbled meat. Their fat is a rich monounsaturated fat,with anti-inflammatory effects and high in Omegas 3, 6 & 9, Vitamin D and antioxidants. The flavor is astounding!!
Pasture, meadow and woodland raised, barn comforts in the winter, no antibiotics, no dewormers, non-gmo, no corn, no soy….lots of love, farm veggies and catered goods, and back scratches.
Whole Hog Shares:
– Deposit: $250 (applied to your total payment to the farm)
– Hanging weight is 200-270lbs, You can expect the final cut & wrapped meat to be about 75-80% of the hanging weight. (Be sure to request all the excess good fat that you can render into highly nutritious and delicious lard for cooking or soap making…)
– Price is $7.50 per lb hanging weight + butcher fees
Half Hog & Quarter Hog Shares:
– Deposit: $150 (applied to your total payment to the farm)
– Hanging weight is 105-135lbs, or 50-70lbs (1/4 hog). You can expect the final cut & wrapped meat to be about 75-80% of the hanging weight
– Price is $8 per lb or $8.50 lb (1/4 hog) hanging weight + butcher fees
~ Email or call for details and for your requests : email@example.com / 541-942-5424
~ And certainly ask about payment plans or volunteer part trade! We want good food to be accessible to all!
Goat Dairy Herd Share ~ No more….goats and farmer have retired from milking….
Farm Fresh Produce
Using Biodynamic practices, we grow a diverse array of annual and perennial crops that you can find at….
Learn more about Oregon Biodynamics at: Oregon BD Group
Hand made – small batch -raw and live – cultured foods
Serving farm fresh organic fare made with seasonal vegetables and mixed greens, unique farm pesto, sauces, and ferments, grass fed organic meats and cheeses as well as handcrafted breads and pastries made with 100% stone ground Willamette Valley whole wheat. Vegan and vegetarian options available.
Drinks include herbal teas, tonics and locally roasted coffee.
Go to branchroadfarmkc.com for more info and to submit request!